So, here I am. Got inducted into the Hall of Fame for first-time rollers. I was graded a B- by an expert. As my prize I got to have it all to myself. And, as the fates would have it, the experience was the like the first night, quieting and creative. Lessons learned this time around:
1. Don't give up anything after the first or even second try. Give everything at least three tries. (Yes, I know. The irony.)
2. There's more to life than any one experience. I think I get hit hard by stuff because a lot of experiences I've never had before and so I haven't built up files in my giant computer we call the limbic system. For most people, getting dumped is something they experience gradually, through grade and high school crushes. But me, hey I'm 33 before I get that fine teacher. But there's a file now. Oh yes, there's a file now.
3. Be careful what you wish for.
4. Each person's nervous system and brain are so individual. You never know how you or someone else will respond. To drugs. To alcohol. To life.
5. When the body says no, listen.
And last but not least:
6. Don't try to blog while high and carrying on a facebook conversation. Multi-tasking difficult.